Thursday, August 7, 2008

CHECK IT...

I have come accross a site that has greatly encouraged me in my walk with God and has challenged me incredibly to be who God made me to be and that site it "the rebelution"
(the link to it is on my blog page somewhere) this is an article from it....


In a culture where individuality is prized, we still
don’t believe that one person can make a difference. We don’t believe that every
choice matters and affects those around us.

We still don’t believe that our
lives can change the world.
I, for one, am not going to accept
that.

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do
everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something
I can do.”
It doesn’t matter if you work 9 to 5.
It doesn’t matter if you stay at home and live a quiet life. It doesn’t matter
if you are a full time musician or student. It doesn’t matter if you’re not
incredibly gifted.
If you are here on this earth,
God has a purpose for your life. He has a calling on you to affect change in

this world as He lives through you. To seek anything less than this call is
wrong. Already, too many people don’t think their lives matter. Too many people
don’t care about affecting the world for good.
God’s people shouldn’t “do
nothing”.
If I could do one thing to change the world, it would be to give
people glasses to see the world through the lens of Jesus. Then, people would reach out. Then, people would see hurts and not be
apathetic, or think their lives insignificant.
That’s why I’m going to
Ecuador. That’s why I spent months on the streets of Portland. That’s why I
teach and mentor.
Because Jesus will change the world through
me.


What about you?

What one thing would you do to change the
world if you could?

What will you do to change the world
today
?


Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

No comments: